• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Kentucky longrifle and pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emr

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about the quality of the Pedersoli Kentucky longrifle and pistol (50 cal). I am considering buying both of theses (It would by my first flintlocks/muzzleloaders) Are they accurate? Reliable? Are they worth the money?

I have this one:

s272b.jpg

and this one:

s310b.jpg

The pistol is .54, the rifle is .45. Very accurate, very reliable, fires every time
if you do your part. The rifle is 1:48 twist. A lot of people think that's no good
for a round ball, but it works great in mine. No, the crescent butt plate doesn't
hurt my shoulder. You just have to know how to shoulder it. I see a lot of people
do it wrong.

These guns aren't period correct, if you're looking for guns to use in reenacting
events. They're sort of like your average production 'Hawken' rifle:
generic styling, not a copy of any particular pistol or rifle, but generally
representing the style. I didn't buy them for the purpose of reenacting, so that
doesn't concern me. I like the way they look, I the Pedersoli's accuracy,
and they're just about the best quality of all the factory produced guns. It gave
me an option to get a set of nice quality, attractive flintlocks when I couldn't
afford custom guns. If you want the very best quality, or PC guns, you'll have to
pay more money (or make your own guns, if you have the knowledge and skills).

Are they worth the money? If you can't afford a custom, I'd say yes. The qualtiy
is much higher than CVA, Traditions, etc. But that question will also depend
on who you're buying it from and how much you're paying for it...

But I'm happy with them.

Funny, I have the same one as above (The Chambersburg
model). I have not shot it yet. I find that most of the
Pedersoli rifles need some tweeking in the sites department
to zero them in but that is about it. A lot of their guns
(Pennsylvania, Alamo, Kentucky, and Chambersberg) share the
same stock, which is OK. The other rifle is the
Frontier. People on this forum call it the Cabala Blue
Ridge. I like this rifle because of the styling and that
you can get it in a #6 Curly Maple. I had one of these but it got stolen.
I think their quality is very good,
although some folks in this forum would not agree. All I
can say is that I have never had any problems with them and
would recommend them.

emr, I have the pistol and I think the quality is good. I am on the newbie side of the fence however it works for me. It is a 50 cal and it shoots well with a .490 rb in a .015 patch over
40 grs of 3f. Someday I will get around to polishing the trigger mech so I hopefully will lighten up the pull. It is definetly fun to shoot!
Gerry

Back