• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli "Old English" Percussion Shotgun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have this model? It is nearly a pound lighter than the "traditional" standard models. According to the rep, it has "much better balance and handling qualities". Well, it's also twice the price! I am looking for reviews and comments regarding this model. Thanks

If you will be following a dog all day a pound is a lot of extra weight to carry. Especially if there are hills. It is also extra weight to mount and swing when you flush game. Think about all you will be carrying for a day of hunting. Gun, powder, shot, food, water, cel phone, compass, map, car keys, wallet/ID, license, game bag, knife, rudimentary first aid kit, and whatever else you may deem necessary. And if there is a dog you may also need food and water for it. As to balance and handling qualities? You really don't know without handling both guns. Try to find them to evaluate in person.

I have a good assortment of sxs unmentionables. The ones that weigh more than 7 pounds usually only go to the range or hunting from blinds/boats.

I would suggest trying to find them used, not abused. You might be able to afford both.

Does anyone have this model? It is nearly a pound lighter than the "traditional" standard models. According to the rep, it has "much better balance and handling qualities". Well, it's also twice the price! I am looking for reviews and comments regarding this model. Thanks
I started asking the same question when Pedersoli first brought out that model. Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you. I picked up one of the old Pedersolis made as a kit from TOW. I had to do considerable reinletting, refinishing, and rebuilding of a trigger, but now it is my go to field gun (just under 6 lbs unloaded, handles and points very nicely). About 2 years ago, I picked up another on this forum, which is just sitting in the safe in case the first one dies. These are probably what you really want, and may be easier to find. Certainly does it for me!

Here's a monkey wrench. While Pedersoli is advertising this as a "lighter weight gun due to much lighter barrels", the nice people at Dixie Gun Works weighed the one that have in stock. It is 7 pounds 3.5 ounces according to Dixie via email. Midway has one in stock and they refuse to provide the actual weight of the one they have, citing the manufacturer specs are 6.83 pounds but actual weight can vary. So buying this model sight-unseen is a manure shoot at best. I'm going to forget about this path as it was barely going to meet my desires anyway....

Back