• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Penn rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmyoung

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I bought a Pedersoli Penn rifle from DGW right after Thanksgiving. Beautiful rifle, handles good, shoots good, but the hammer was so close to the frizzen a normal flint would not fit. Not serious, but agravating. After I visited this and other forums I saw Pedersoli might not have the best name, but still not too bad. In an efort to correct the problem, I emailed them, sent pictures to show the problem, and they actually made me a new cock and shipped it here. A little minor fitting and I am now a very happy camper. So, quality control might be lacking in some areas, but I would rate their customer service very good. BTW first four shots @25 yds all touching, offhand, first BP I've owned, and I haven't shot but one other flint. Hooked for sure :)

Nice to read good news abought pedersoli every now an again. No problem with any of my 6.

Welcome to flintoholicks anonymous cmyoung, we could stop, but why.

No qualms about my Pedersoli Frontier Rifle either. Sure, there are things I'd change, but the thing shoots straight and tight! Glad you like your rifle!

I love mine in .32 cal. BUT, what you hear about the frizzen spring being way too strong from the factory is definitely true with mine and some other people at our club. It was a real flint smasher. After ligthening the spring by both narrowing it and by taking a bit off the bottom of the frizzen where it contacts the spring (and polishing everything), it shoots as well as all my other flinters.

I actually measured the force it takes to open the frizzen, about 7 lbs. It takes about 13 lbs to cock the hammer. Neither apear to be extremely heavy, so I'll probably just leave well enough alone for the time being, at least until I get to shoot enough to change my mind.

That's great that yours works out for you. I've not had enough of the Pedersoli's in hand to know if it's a universal problem or not -- just the ones I have handled were, in fact, too heavy. Mine was a whopper compared to my other flintlocks as far as the strength of that spring.

Your frizzen face and flints will tell the ultimate tale, and you know the fix if it comes down to it.

Back