• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flteng

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I was thinking about buying Pedersoli but heard that getting parts or customer service was tough. Anybody have experience with Pedersoli or their rifles?

I can't comment on parts or service because I've never had anything break. They are known for their good quality. I have some of them and they do fine. I would say their barrels are a cut above average. The ones I have are all very good shooters.

I also have some and have never needed parts or service.Just some fine tuning on the locks and "opening up" the powder chamber on the rifles and nothing needed on the SxS :idunno:

Hi Flteng if you need pedersoli parts VTIgunparts sells parts and I believe jedidiah star also. I to have some pedersoli's and have not needed parts. I to think they are the best production gun out there now.

I never had a Pedersoli muzzleloader but I did have a J P Gemmer Sharps and it was a very well built rifle. I only sold it to buy something else.

I own one Pedersoli Rifle and something like four of their SxS's. I use Flintlocksetc.com for parts, and Richard has been very helpful and well stocked. He's a full line dealer operating mail order.

I doubt that Cabela's stocks much of any parts although the appear to sell a fair number of the guns. That tends to be the way with large scale retailers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bugflipper said:
I can't comment on parts or service because I've never had anything break. They are known for their good quality. I have some of them and they do fine. I would say their barrels are a cut above average. The ones I have are all very good shooters.

Same here. Some are 30+ years old and run just fine.

flteng said:
I was thinking about buying Pedersoli but heard that getting parts or customer service was tough. Anybody have experience with Pedersoli or their rifles?

Pedersoli rifles in muzzle-loading or BPCR styles hold many former and current world records, as do their target pistols.

Such a reputation is not based on myth and legend.

tac

Welcome to the forum!

The very first time I ever shot a Pedersoli rifle was at one of our Club's League Shoots. A member here was invited by me to attend and brought his Rocky Mountain full-stock hawken, made by Pedersoli. He asked for some help sighting it in, and so handed me the rifle. I noticed how well it balanced for a heavier gun and quite enjoyed putting a .54 round ball right through the X-ring on a B-19 competition target at 25 yards. Then I handed it back to him and told him the sights on the gun were set pretty well at the factory. With some spotting scope help from yours truly, this same carpet-bagger won the 50 & 100 yard aggregate rifle Match. A very high quality piece indeed!

I own a 10 ga. Pedersoli SxS, which I bought used from a Club member. My son won the clay bird competition with it the day I bought it out the back of a friend's van. Same gun has fired hundreds of blank charges at various Living History events I volunteer at. So YEARS worth of use in a single day. All I ever had to do was replace a chipped sear and sear spring, and I bought the scattergun when it was already 25 years old! Parts came from TOW....

Pedersoli makes nice guns that last!

Dave

I have owned several Pedersoli rifles and never had a single problem with them so I don't know about parts availability but with as many muzzleloading parts dealers such as Track of The Wolf, Muzzleloader builders supply, Dixie Gun Works, Deer Creek Products, etc. I would think that you could find any parts that you need.

I have had a mainspring break on a Pedersoli Frontier rifle aka Blue Ridge Hunter, but VTI Gunparts replaced it for me quick. I have seen a string of cracked mainsprings in Bess muskets from Pedersoli, and the replacements came from them cracked..., But they worked fine.

LD

Hawkin Hunter said:
Hi Flteng if you need pedersoli parts VTIgunparts sells parts and I believe jedidiah star also. I to have some pedersoli's and have not needed parts. I to think they are the best production gun out there now.
VTI quit reordering Pedersoli part years ago all they have is left over stock on hand. Fintlock etc has any part you might need on hand and are great guys.

as for quality, the pedersoli Gibbs rifles have claimed multiple LRML world gold medals. the pedersoli BPCR in recent years have become the equals to C Sharps which is pretty damn good. my own pedersoli P53 enfield is a very good shooting and well balanced rifle, i just took second in a local turkey shoot with it. i shot a 138/150, 1rst place was 144/150. they are much more expensive than other factory muzzleloaders, but you definatly get what you pay for.

Always good to hear about parts sources. But with 4 of them in the house stretching back over 20 years, I've never needed a part. Bookmark the parts source so you won't lose it, but be sure to put it where you can find it..... If you need it 20 years or so down the road.

Latest posts

Back