• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli'sHarper Ferry pistol ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadahead

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone know if Pedersoli has corrected the lock geometery issues on this pistol. I have read this particular pistol can be problematic. Looking to get a flintlock pistol and like the looks of this one, but want something reliable.

I was reading the catalog description of one a few days ago and they are still .58 caliber and I couldn't see any difference in the cock in the photo but the picture was kind of small. I would be willing to bet that they haven't made any changes.

There was a version of the Harper's Ferry 1805 imported in the 1970' and 1980's NOT made by Pedersoli. Some appear to be Belgian.

They had lock geometry problems on the cock and frizzen interaction, and generally mediocre quality.

If it doesn't say "Pedersoli" on the barrel, I'd avoid it. Pedersoli marked 1805's get decent reviews from their owners on flint life, and good sparking. Why they continue to made with 58 cal rifled barrels is unclear, since the originals were 54 cal smooth bores.

I suppose someone could defarb a Pedersoli and remove the markings, but why go to that effort for the wrong caliber?

Back