• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Percussion Double-barrel hammer shotgun #1

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MMA10mm

32 Cal
Reaction score
I was recently gifted two muzzleloading double-barreled shotguns. I have been working on cleaning up the first one. It has no makers markings or any other exterior markings, other than cheap-looking scroll engraving. It has hammers, and the barrels are not Damascus/twist, but I’m not sure they’re steel either. They are covered in light rust, but no deep pits. The best markings for identification are under the two barrels, where the forend covers them up. There is a series of 4 proof stamps on each barrel. The one I can make out is “13” which I assume stands for tge proof pressure of 13 tons. The other proofs look British to me, but they could be French, as the decorative work is kind of fine and pointy; not very British looking to my eye. I’m attaching photos. View attachment IMG_1455.jpegView attachment IMG_1454.jpegView attachment IMG_1466.jpegView attachment IMG_1465.jpegView attachment IMG_1456.jpegView attachment IMG_1460.jpeg

Looks to be a hardware/export sxs.. made in Birmingham (UK) by proof marks and made by the thousands to any/every country that they could.
Its had a hard life..
Looks like something in Cracker Barrel.
Caution for sure.

Back