• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Percussion Hawken Lock Marked H.W. Robbins

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
From the one hit I got from the Googleverse, I understand that H.W. Robbins made high end locks for custom rifles in the 60s and 70s. Anyone have any additional information on hom? Thanks!

I have a Custom .36 Rifle with hard rock fire tiger maple stock put together by Alex Bladwin of Ten Ring from San Antonio.

It has a Harold Robbins lock. Nice lock and workmanship.

Harold Robbins was a very early lock maker. Below is an advertisement from March 1965 Muzzle Blasts. He made locks in the 1960's and 1970's. He eventually had a line of about half dozen different lock styles.

65_03_MB_Harold_Robbins_ad.jpg

He made quality locks. His springs were forged rather than cast and most of the internal parts were machined instead of cast.

Robbins was confined to a wheel chair, but he had a machine shop that was set up to be fully accessible from his wheel chair.

The only issue with your lock is that parts are no longer available, so be careful if you ever decide to dissemble it. I doubt that anything would break under normal use, but you could break a main spring or lose a fly if you tried to take the lock apart.

Courtesy of Mr. Meek from a prior post.

Latest posts

Back