• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

pest control...first kill with 32 crockett pistol ! (graphic)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silent sniper

40 Cal.
Reaction score
my neighbor was telling me about chipmunks in his garden that were digging up his freshly planted seeds. he wanted them exterminated. i usually take them out with the pellet guns. well on sunday i was shooting my new 32 crockett pistol. this is the 3rd one ive gone thru. i love them 2 dead but all the ones i have had leaks. the first one leaked at the breech plug,the second where the drum met the barrel,and the new one leaks at the beaach plug.i dont know how 2 fix it. anyway i decided 2 take out the pistol on its first hunt. i walked 2 my neighbors garden. i looked around and didnt see any chips. then i heard a russle and looked over 2 see a chip running 2 its hole. it ran in the hole and then stuck its head out. i pulled the pistol up,aimed,bang, thru the smoke i saw the chip drop. it was around 10 yards. the ball grazed its head,then went thru chest,coming out its leg.
04260919101.jpg

here is the entrence hole
0426091910a1.jpg

here is the exit hole
0426091910b1.jpg

i skinned it 2 see the internal damage done. as you can see the ball grazed the cheek,went right thru the neck into the center of the chest,destroying the lungs and guts,then going out the leg.
04260919521.jpg

this was a very fun hunt and i will definetly be packing the 32 crockett for pests more. enjoy SS

Dang good shot. :shocked2:
And you didn't even wreck the backstraps. I hear those are the best eatin' part. :haha:

Good shooting Snip. Varmints in trouble in your neck of the woods. :thumbsup: Pawpa Dilly

We've got many chipmunks in our backyard and they've never done any damage to anything that we've ever noticed. A completely harmless animal. Good shot....but a bullseye on a target would display proof of similar accuracy. Excuses don't justify killing an animal that isn't utilized. I just don't comprehend a "necropsy" on an animal to just merely ascertain the damage unless more chipmunks are intended for the pot?....Fred

I tell ya what sniper when I plant my tomatoes and other veggies and those little pest start digging up my seeds I might need ya to come and do some shooting for me. I aint that good a shot!!! Keep on ridding your neighbors garden of them that way they dont take away any of his food for his family. Good shooting.

the Justification was that this was a varmint ,it wasn't a terminal balistics test but studing the death of the critter was part of the utmost utilization of said chipiy

They already dug up most of my squash seeds before they even sprouted. When the tomatoes start they'll take them right of the vine. If they can't carry it away they go back for a smaller one and then another smaller one until they get one lite enough. They always seem to start with the biggest. It's normal to find 4 or 5 tomatoes with bite marks lying on the ground. Just a pretty colored rat. I actually had one living in my kitchen a few years ago. Took me three days and a rat trap to get him. I wish I had a yard big enough to shoot them in.

what you killed is a Golden Mantle ground rat.
Note the long tail.
Alvin and other of his species have a short tail.

good shot :hatsoff: but, better job on the skinning did you case skin it or use a magnifying glass and an x-acto! :rotf: i hope you properly buried the corpse of the "harmless little guy" and notified the next of kin! :youcrazy: :shake:

nice shooting, us Illinois people have to practice the 3 s method of varmant control, shoot, shovel and shut up. Not that it is illegal but we have a fair amount of bunny huggers. It is illegal to shoot feral cats and dogs.

Back