• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Picked up a .32 Frontier at Cabelas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgrafton

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Picked up a .32 Frontier at Cabelas recently, for well under $500 and I love it. Next I am looking for a smoothbore.

Congratulations on your rifle, those .32's are a lot of fun.

What sort of smoothbore are you looking to get? Will you be using these guns for hunting?

:hatsoff:
Spot

I saw some percussion .32's on clearance, but no flintlocks. Seemed like heck of a deal.

I have the same rifle, a Cabelas/ Pedersoli .36 calibre flintlock. I was told it had a minimum charge of 20 grains 3f and a maximum charge of 40 grains 3 f. I shot a few shots at a paper plate with 40 grains but Since I intended it as a small game arm exclusively, I have settled on 20- 25 grains 3f.I keep the range very shot,I consider 50 yards a very long shot.This gun will shoot accurately further than that but that is my self imposed limit. I like that idea about the silver sight. My eyes aren't what they used to be and even with glasses I was having difficulty with that front sight of mine, now I know why.I have used the store bought Hornady balls but I cast my own using a Lyman mould. I use discarded lead flashing and dental lead.Good enough for squirrels and bunnies. Best regards,JA

Back