• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Picked up a T/C Hawken today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgn71

32 Cal.
Reaction score
After all these years and different muzzleloaders I've never owned a T/C Hawken.
I always liked them just never ended up with one till I ran across this one today so I now finally have a T/C Hawken
Here's a quick pic I took right after I got it home. I need to give it a good cleaning and oiling and maybe I'll get to try it out tomorrow.

hawken1.jpg

You won't be disappointed with it at all. I also own a T/C 50cal.Hawken and just love it.
Mine is a percussion but after the first of the year I am getting myself a 50cal.flintlock.
Just work you up a good load and patch for your RB and you will have a lot of fun with it.

Dear Sir,

My very first muzzleloader was a T/C Hawken. It's been the truest firing ML I've ever owned or shot.
I've purchased either T/C Hawkens or Lyman GPR for all the male adolescent children of my family for the past 15 years.
All have shot well in both brands, but the T/C Hawkens always reigns supreme in both feel and accuracy.

I'm certain that you'll find great satisfaction in your most recent investment.

Good Luck! :hatsoff:

Very nice gun. I have been nothing but pleased with every T/C that I have ever touched. I got my father one last year for christmas but he has yet to shoot it. Blasphemy I tell you.

Good Luck with your new toy it sure aught to do the trick. :v
Dusty :wink:

You should be pleased with the rifle. They are good shooters. I have had mine over thirty years and it still shoots great. :thumbsup:
Is that a Randall knife in the picture?

It's a 50 cal,I really liked the finish of the wood and the color of the brass when I first saw it.

I've owned 2 Lyman GPRs and liked them both alot but I do like the way this feels better.

The knife is actually a Frost Whitetail Bowie I picked up in a trade. I liked their stuff alot back when they were Parker/Frost. Now they make their blades in China and Pakistan, they're still great knives with excellent blades but it'll end up on my trade blanket at the next rondevous.
2 times now it has been in a pic and someone asked if it was a Randall.

I, too, prefer brass that has a patina, to bright/shiney brass - CONGRATS ! ! :thumbsup:

I recently scooped a.45 Seneca that looks much like your Hawken, to keep my .32 & 54 T/C's company.

Back