• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pistol groups move.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmeier4799

36 Cal.
Reaction score
My T/C Patriot shoots quite well (off hand)at 50 yards except that the position of my 10 shot groups might vary up to 3" from previous target or previous day. Is this normal due to difficulty of aligning sights that are a short distance apart?
The sights are not changing position.

A few things that you might look at.

Is the hooked breech joint solid, or a little sloppy?

Are you installing the wedge the same way every time?

Is your grip on the pistol exactly the same?

If we are all truthful, most problems with floating groups come back to the human pulling the trigger. IMHO

I find that how hard I whack the wedge has a HUGE impact on accuracy. Both my Walker and 1860 do this. I have tried to develop a system that puts the wedge in exactly the same place as much as I can.

For revolvers at least.....

Lots of things can cause that. The above responses are right, but I've found in my cometitive shooting experience, that light angle can really affect your sight placement. I shoot at an uncovered range, & it's really a problem there.

Also, I've found the grip on the TC pistol lacking. To me, it's uncomfortable & hard to hold consistently. Consistent grip is really important. Try holding the pistol by the forearm in your non-shooting hand, grab it in your shooting hand, & pay close attention to positioning to assure you have the same grip every time.

Latest posts

Back