• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Poor photo of 2 bucks outside the kitchen window

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
Black across bottom is kitchen window sill...about 90 days til hunting season
2Buckscropped.jpg

These two look like 2 year olds...there's a 3rd larger, older looking buck that shows up about 11:30-12:00, wider rack, already has 6 points showing and still growing. But these are backyard deer...like pets...I wouldn't shoot them as we get too much enjoyment watching them every night. There's a total of 3 bucks and 2 does, plus a doe with a fawn that come up every afternoon / evening...I shake out a coffee can of corn every day when I get home from work.

One of the does that comes real early will sometimes show up before I even get out there...so I start whistling before I appear around the end of the house so I don't completely surprise and spook her...she steps back away into the tree line 5-6 body lengths away and watches me...I slowly pour out the yellow corn so she can see it showering down and by the time I get back into the house at the kitchen window she's already walked back up and is eating it...getting to be like a pet

Good deal. I could watch em for hours on end if they would just stay put. :thumbsup:

I would say something stupid and manly about shootin them anyway, but I can't talk. I feed my quail every winter. Nothing makes me smile like some cock a whoop little rooster whistling Bob White at me from the fence line.

Back