• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Portable stand for swivel gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keyhole

45, 50, 69, 75
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
While waiting on my swivel cannon to ship I built this stand based on various pictures I’ve seen on the internet. I really like how it turned out and the size/proportions worked out nicely

IMG_0898.jpegIMG_0863.jpeg
IMG_0866.jpeg

Wicked cool! Is that the golf ball sized one?

If so, I have one on the way from Dom. But I had him do the muzzle and breech treatment that makes it look like sn original, i.e., where the barrel looks like it was a bunch of straws bound together and then forged or hammer welded, with the hoops added.

Yes sir he did my billard ball sized one like that…it looks really good.

The one on the stand is a custom 1” bore so I can shoot her off my boat. The stand is the perfect size to shoot on land or display it…she will shoot stand-alone without falling over but it does shake a little. You could drill holes for tent stakes in the feet if you wanted extra anchoring but I didn't find it necessary.

I used a 4x4 for the upright post on this one but I recommend a 6x6 or a 4x6 for the larger cannon

IMG_9783.jpeg

Last edited:
While this type of cannon is not my greatest like. I prefer Artillery and Naval Cannons including Mortars best. But your firing stand and or display stand looks very nice. Nice work, for sure. And it shows off well.

Well, not to be overly technical, but to educate ... it's a "Swivel Gonne", not a cannon ... at least those States requiring special 'Cannon Licenses', whereas cannons are muzzleloaders and remaining sparks in the breech are the HUGE safety concern.

Oh it’s a breech loader! Now that’s cool. I saw the video from Jamestown with them demonstrating theirs. Exceptional thing that is😍
(I think that stand will be a bit light though, with any recoil)
I also agree, but possibly since the person firing will have hold of the handle giving support it may stay under control. Have never fired this kind of gun so not sure how a 1 inch bore would react. Would be cool to see in action.

I also agree, but possibly since the person firing will have hold of the handle giving support it may stay under control. Have never fired this kind of gun so not sure how a 1 inch bore would react. Would be cool to see in action.

Here you go….the stand turned out to be very solid

Last edited:
Back