• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Possible gunpowder related tragedy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kh54

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I don’t know where else to post this but I need to reach out to someone. Two neighbors/friends were in the gun room attached to the one neighbor’s garage this evening when there was a terrific explosion and fire. I just happened to be at the end of the driveway and another neighbor and I were able to pull one of the two to safety but we couldn’t reach the other. My dear friend who survived (so far) was badly burned and lacerated. He’s 85 and in poor health so it’s still possible he won’t live.

We may never know exactly what happened. My guess is they were loading ammo (probably smokeless but one is also a muzzleloader) for the hunting season, but how that became an explosion and fire is unknown. It’s possible the explosion was due to something else entirely - just don’t know.

No comments are necessary, especially not speculation, but I thought I’d share with y’all as a precautionary tale. Tomorrow all of my stored powder is going from the house to the back shed, about 25 yards away from the house. And I will certainly be handling things MUCH more carefully in the future.

Rest in Peace Brother Steve.

Y’all be safe. Stay safe.

Kim

Back