• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Post deleted by Claude

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please review the details and submit ideas that might help to ensure a marketable product.

I think you're missing a golden opportunity here. This should be marketed NOT to the current crop of firearms manufacturers, but to the company that makes Zippo lighters. All the technology is there, perfect for the inline crowd with Sleek stainless steel, powder coat finishes, and easily replaced parts with lifetime warrantees. For the traditional side, there's the wheel mechanism making it fit into the wheelock catagory.

I can see a central chamber for priming powder leading into a breechplug and the barrel. This can have either your cow's knee or can be made as a hinged plate with a latch to cover the primer when out in foul weather. Behind that a toothed wheel similar to what's on a lighter. The replaceable and easily available lighter flints are installed from the bottom, just behind the trigger guard. The wheel will be driven with a geared ratchet when the trigger is pulled, very much like the children's sparker toys we played with as kids. This would allow for fewer moving parts and keeping the costs low.

I can envision stocks in wood as you have already suggested to appeal to the traditionalists, but also in stainless, black or camo powdercoat over stainless and a lightweight youth model in ABS plastic.

This has the makings of a great product, and I hereby call DIBS!!!!! on any ideas presented in this mesage. Copyright by me, today, so don't think of making this without sending me at least a thankee note and some cash monee too.

vic
Terminally SIlly & being tired from lack of sleep and too many hours in front of a pooter screen.

:what: /disclaimer for the humor impaired... this is a joke. anyone even remotely thinking of making an inline plastic (or otherswise) wheellock from a zippo lighter should be held down and injured in various places where it hurts to even think about them places being hurt, know what I mean vern?

Claude,

Some say in what matter?

The debate Claude, the debate! Is my sense of humor really so bad, or is it the timing?

I had a wild hairbrained idea and I was hoping to provoke some thoughtful humor from anybody that might be so inclined. It all started with the inline flintlock post. I tossed and turned all night thinking of a way to entertain somebody. Maybe it was a futile attempt at self gratification.

I hope you weren't offended.

I'm not easily offened, I just read your post wrong. :: :thumbsup:

actually it could be done,

way one:
pauly type rifle with the lock removed. Take a small wheellock mechanism and mount it so teh priming pan is on the righside of the barrel. drill a hole from pan to powder chamber.

way two:
same as above, but using a standard inline breechplug with a hole drilled thru its center, with a small priming pan welded to the breechplug and the wheellock mechanism mounted perpindicular to the barrel. this will require a see thru cover for the action as it would burn your face with everyshot.

you know.... we could actually do this.

It's been done. "Pierre Bergier,a watchmaker of Grenoble made a wheellock pistol with inclosed and hermetically sealed lock for King Louis XIII in 1634. Louis who was very fond of guns,conferred royal letters of patent on the inventor." From "The Treasury of the Gun" pg.72.

IronMan

:crackup:Well I am sitting here looking at the pic but the patent date is 1634 and only for France so maybe it'll be ok for us here in the Colonies :thumbsup:

IronMan

Back