• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

pour spout for plastic goex cans

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodse guy

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have not been able to find the thread for the lid someone make to pour powder out of the new cans. Any help would be appreciated.

Rickks, That's a good thread. Few years back i started buying KIK powder in plastic containers. I cut the bottom off a 223 case drill a hole in the lid and J-B weld it in place.

Last edited by a moderator:
believe it was a 12oz mustard plastic jar top that will screw right on...I luckily saved my cans...

I bought a few from RMC as well. Their prices are fair and shipping is quick. They are one of my favorite companies to buy from.

Fortunately, I saved my metal cans, and I just pour the new powder into the old cans. I made a pour spout out of a .243 case. I cut it off about 1" from the end, which gave me a piece that resembles a funnel. I flared the big end in a copper tube flaring tool, drilled a hole in the metal cap, and soldered the funnel in place. Then I cut a hole in the center of the old paper washer, and glued it back in place. At the range, I cover the spout with a 9mm case. I have other caps that I saved from other applications, to recap the can. I found both the .243 and the 9mm hull, at the range.......Robin :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back