• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PRB whitetail deer video

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highPlains

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I made a post last January about the first animal I got with a muzzleloader. I said I would post the video but my camera broke right afterwards. Well I finally got around to getting the camera fixed so here is the video.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjqma9gUb3Y[/youtube]

The picture again.
TCmldoe.jpg

Great video, as good as any shot I've seen on TV. Heard some noises during the doe's approach. A couple of clicks (?) and what sounded like a plastic bag rustling. The doe looked up at that sound. How far were you? The shot looked awfully close.

Thanks for the compliments.

WildatHeart said:
Great video, as good as any shot I've seen on TV. Heard some noises during the doe's approach. A couple of clicks (?) and what sounded like a plastic bag rustling. The doe looked up at that sound. How far were you? The shot looked awfully close.

It was one of those cold, perfectly still winter days. Every little noise made me cringe, thinking the deer would bolt. The first click is my set trigger, which I couldn't believe she heard. The shuffling was because I had to completely reposition myself for the shot. We had a doe approaching from the field in front of us. This doe approached from our left. I didn't know which one would give me a shot first and I was set on the different doe.

The shot was at about 30 yards.

Kentuckywindage: I do have quite a bit of footage from that day of several deer. I shortened this up quite a bit because long hunting videos on the internet can get boring.

Thanks for taking the time to share this video with us.

PJC

Yeah that was neat! Sure wish we had more readily accesable deer up here. I sure like hunting and eating them.

That's great footage - even getting to see her go down. Well done and thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

highPlains you are hooked for life now. Great job nothing is better than the first time.Thats a big fat pretty doe. I did not know this site would allow videos but I am glad they do.I added some topics to a post in the pistol section about the load I hunt with in my .44 revolver for deer and hogs. Some people seem to think that a .44 is only good for tin cans and paper targets.I guess they do not hunt. Some people do not know what the .44 can do. I know what they will do because I have killed lots of deer and hogs with the load I talked about. Long story short I will video some of my hunts this deer season and show the tin can and paper shooters what the .44 will do. The proof is in the pudding.

sachem longrifle said:
highplains, were about in wisc are you? what caliber and load and projectile to kill that deer??

I live in Madison right now but I am moving home to Colorado later this summer. I was hunting in Mt Horeb during this hunt. I was shooting a .50 cal patched round ball with 80 grains of Goex FFG.

Back