• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

pre measured loads

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TARGUY

32 Cal.
Reaction score
its been awhile since this was talked about. but anyway some guys were looking for tubes for premeasured loads.
i was at a flea market last week and saw a coin dealer
on his table were clear tubes for pennies/dimes/all the way to silver dollars!!!!!!!!!!

Good idea - at around 35 cents each online...

round.jpg

If you're taking any medications,you can use ths bottles from your Rx.Clean the labels off and pour your measured powder in,ok maybe I'm just cheap :winking:but it works.Wayne.

Yes, and you can just buy a bag of them at a drug store.

Something I've used for a few years is 35mm film canisters for premeasured charges to take to the range.
I don't use them for hunting because if accidently squeezed while in a pocket or something, the lid will pop off.

But I've found them to be perfect for range trips...make up 40-50 premeasured charges in the gareage before going to the range, drop them into a gallon size zip loc bag, etc.

For years, I've saved the Vick's Inhaler tubes and sawed off the inhaler projection, leaving just the tube and the screw cap...works for me..Hank

A few of the guys out here use the blood sample tubes like are used for the test samples when you donate blood. These have a vacuum when they are sent out and have an expiration date, so the blood service has to dispose of them beyond that time. You might be able to find a source at the blood bank, but they may want a little something in return.

If you're going for small loads, there's even cheaper stuff around. For hunting snowshoe hare with my 36 I use either 20 or 25 grains of FFFg most of the time. Either will fit in an empty 44 mag case with a little room to spare. I have some corks that are just the right diameter, which I also shorten a little to allow for powder space in the case. Other, larger cases could be used for larger charges.

Compact, cheap, and quiet in the pocket. Half a dozen or so are usually enough for a long day stumbling around in the bushes.

Back