• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Project pics, need suggestions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsquirrel

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Thought I'd share some of my projects that I've made over the past few winters. The possibles bag and tobacco pouch are deer hide, the bullet board and ball starter are mohagany, the quiver is moose hide.

The bullet board is nice for quickly reloading my .32 but I'm looking for suggetions for keeping pre-measured powder charges. Any ideas for something small that can be kept in my tobacco pouch?

Also, I have a deer hide that came out a little on the stiff side that I was thinking of using to make a frontier hat. I've searched the site and the internet for similar projects with no luck. The only thing I can figure is that it's been tried and deer hide is just not very good for this purpose. Anybody seen any or have any suggestions? Thanks

IMG_0257.jpg

MVC-001S.jpg
[/img]

Nice items!

while not pc, I have been told, and tried, for 32 cal speed loader for powder....
an empty 223 case for your powder and slip a 22lr case over the top for a cap. picked some up at the range and it works. although I dont have a 32, I tried the concoction and it makes sense!

Nice work . The best way I hav found to carry extra powder charges is to cut peices of caine to the length needed and put a stopper in it.

I would agree with Longrifle, cane would work about as well as anything and still look like it was from the period.
I once saw an original 18th century apothacary box (I think that's what it was called) that doctors carried. It contained a bunch of glass vials for various medicines. Some of the thin glass vials had evidently broken and in their place were vials made from pieces of cane with wood stoppers. So I think using cane pieces would be appropriate.

Regards, Dave

DSCN2115.jpg
Here is a quiver I made from a stiff deer hide. I use it stumpin and 3d shoots,not a good idea for huntin though.

talk to bogg hes a brother of mine and he made all kinda fufraw for his 32 .and he do make some fine belongings :grin: !

Back