• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Proper Attire

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom A Hawk

Cannon
MLF Sponsor
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
After many years in the woods I've come to appreciate the importance of wearing appropriate clothing when hunting.

Which is why I've decided to invent a deer suit for turkey season and a turkey suit for deer season....

1691454519407.png

For squirrels, I'll just take along a friend who often acts like a nut.

After many years in the woods I've come to appreciate the importance of wearing appropriate clothing when hunting.

Which is why I've decided to invent a deer suit for turkey season and a turkey suit for deer season....

View attachment 243199

Just don't dress as a deer during rut. You might get too up close and personal with a buck!

View attachment 243199

Can you make one for the early PA ML week? We can only fill doe tags, and I more often see shootable buck. I think the anti's slipped them a hunting calendar maybe. With one of your suits, I can get within PRB range of a big nanny. Medium extra husky please and thank you.

camo is a scam! i hunt on the ground in blue jeans and most time i do wear a grey or dark shirt. i am in SC, we have the longest deer season in the world here in the lowcountry, Aug. 15- jan1 so i have killed a lot of deer in my 66 years, most off the ground. movement is the # 1 thing that gets you busted by deer, scent, i have no idea. i have had deer come right up to me and not seem to smell me at all with the wing blowing in their face. then i have had them 80yds away blow and snort and lose their minds with the wind dead still! turkeys is a whole different matter! they are really sharp, camo or not,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I saw a similar scenario north east of me. A bunch of turkeys within a circle of about 7 deer. I think the deer kinda protect the turkeys while they are scratching for food.
The deer “use” the birds to uncover the mast, have seen it more than once, a flock of birds goes by and right on their heels are feeding deer. Never have seen a good buck do this though.

@olskool I'm certainly in that same camp. Cut my teeth on deer with UP and Wisconsin whitetails back in the 50s and 60s. I never saw a hunter in camo back then. And like you said, the deer never saw me unless I moved.

When I was a young guy I bought into the camo thing but not anymore. I've never climbed a tree to kill a deer as all of my hunting is on the ground. I do always wear Earth tone colors but don't concern myself with camo at all. Natural surroundings, foliage, downed trees, and stumps works just fine. I've had many a deer walk past me at just a few yards while I'm leaned up against a tree. Just be still and that seems to work. In one of Nessmuk's books he talks about being a stump sitter. There is some real logic to that. Just be still and, if you must move, move with the breeze when possible.

Back