• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roberthamilton

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I was wondering if Black powder can be stored in sealed plastic containers? I dont have enough empty tins and might go in on a BP bulk buy.

Thanks
ROB

yes i have done it many times. infact smokless has come in plastic for years and black now come that way too. when you buy a balk keg the powder comes in a plastic bag in a cardboard box.

Rob,
I would have to say absolutely! Just about
all the B/P sold now is in plastic containers.
snake-eyes :hmm:

cooterdog said:
I was wondering if Black powder can be stored in sealed plastic containers?

It can be stored in anything, just keep it dry.

If it does get wet, just dry it out. (in the sun, not on the stove) :wink:

Another small point to consider;
I always save the little pack of Sodium Silicate (dessicant) that comes in much packaging today. You might throw in a couple before you close the containers. I always throw a few in my ammoboxes & opened powder containers to reduce the internal humidity. You can 'recharge' them in a dehydrator or very low oven, then keep them in a tightly closed container until used.

I heard Goex is switching to plastic containers in the near future.

Back