• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Questions on Miroku Ultra-Hi Kentucky

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flinter987

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello,
I picked up one of these a while ago with the two piece stock. Someone gave it the works, but I got it cheap! I bought it off of craigslist as a wallhanger. I don't want to put much money in it, but I think I'm gonna try to fix it up a bit. Of course the bore was a bit rusty. Someone apparently mounted a scope on it at one time filing the tip of the hammer to make it fit :shake: They also filed down the sharp ends of the buttplate making it look absurd :nono:
It's missing the front sight and has the nipple flattened like a pancake. :youcrazy:
Anyways, lets just say it's a project! I'd like to get it shooting, see if it's worth keeping, and then maybe use it to try my first barrel brown on. I'm hoping I can find some parts for it, maybe a parts gun or something, to fix up the other things, but we'll see what happens.
My question is this, I'm wanting to get a front sight from Dixie for it and don't have the gun with me, does it take a standard 3/8 inch dovetail sight?
Also, does anyone know what the thread is on the nipple?
Thanks a ton!
Flinter987

Oh yeah, and does anyone know how to remove the barrel without damaging the wood?
It's probably straightforward, but I've never done it before.
Thanks!

Back