• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rabbits with a p58

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I took three rabbits for three shots this morning using shot in my Parker Hale Enfield p58 in .58 smoothbore.
Two of the rabbits were taken a little over thirty yards with one just showing it's head and shoulders so I was quite impressed.
I changed the load some from my usual method.
Apart from the three cards for wads I short started the cards and then added a greased patch that the tight short starter formed into a small cup. Next the shot and O/S card and sent the lot down. Seems to work well.

Hunting like this brings tremendous joy :thumbsup:

p58.jpg

Brits.

Good huntin' Brits. :thumbsup: Nice pic.
Looks like that pup is already looking for another.

Dang, Brits. When I clicked on this I thought i'd get to see what a .58 Minie would do to a cottontail. I'm disapointed! :( :rotf:

Yep they are taking another third out :cursing:
Those woods have not been the same since last time two years ago.
I use to be able to sneek about under the canopy but know the light has come in and the ground gets full of bracken, bramble and birch. Makes it hard work and hard hunting. I have to clear my old paths regular.
Nothing I can do to stop it!

I wish they would take the lot and be gone for good.

Brits.

Back