• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ramrod tips

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nuc

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone know how T/C attaches their ramrod tips onto their wooden ranrods? I like their tips. I have an extra ramrod and I want to remove the tips so I can install them on a rod I am making from a piece of "guayacan." Guayacan, in case you're not familiar with it, is a wood from tropical American rainforests. It is one of the hardest woods in the world. It is a type of lignun vitae. It finishes out beautifully with its natural redish hue. Though it is hard and rigid, it will flex rather than break when stressed, making it a first-choice wood for bows made by Indians of the rainforest. So if anyone has had experience removing, or installing, T/C ramrod tips, I'd appreciate the info. Thanks!

Don't bother removing. If pinned on you will make a mess. Keep the original TC rod as a spare. Just order brass tips from any good supplier. They are not expensive and you will be much better off. When finished, a pic is mandantory.

I don't know if all are pinned or not. But the ones I have replaced (wood split ) were pinned on with a small roll pin. :idunno:

Back