• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ramrods

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fho

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Last night I was cooking on the grill, I looked at the apple trees in the back yard. They had a lot of branches sticking straight up off of the main limbs. They are not big enough yet but maybe this fall, they will be. I want to cut them for ramrods. Will this work? I can tie them in a bundle and dry them, then work them down to size. What do you think?

let them grow and use them in the grill....i use apple tree wood fer cooking on the grill adds nice flavor...............bob

Have you ever seen some one's hand after a ramrod broke while loading? It is messy. Apple is too flimsy. Breaks too easily. But the grill suggestion is GREAT! :imo:

Dont know about useing as a Ramrod but I got to agree with Bob about useing apple in the grill. I also use it to smoke in my smoker. Gives pork,beef or turkey a great flavor :thumbsup:

IronMan

I thank everyone for the advice. I may cut some branches this fall to see what will happen. Thanks again.
Olie

Back