• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rapine Molds

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What is the official story on them? Have they gone completely out of business? Have they just "cut back" to standard mold sizes and stopped offering molds for the more eclectic sizes? Is there anyone else making molds someone here has had good experience with?

They closed their doors in December. No word on what will happen with the machinery, the business name, etc.

I called Ray early in December to order some bag moulds. He told me he was downsizing his operation and would probably continue making bag moulds and drop the others. He said to call back in mid January.

I called Ray back yesterday and ordered the bag moulds. He said I should receive them in three to four weeks.

Richard/Ga.

My brother called Ray in early December about a mold he had ordered. Ray had shipped it that same day he called. He told him he was closing his doors on Dec.31,2009.

I am glad he will still be making the bag molds. He made excellent molds, that were even better than some similar Lyman molds I have. I was an early customer, ordering a .457 caliber, 335 grain hollow point bullet mold from him. It throws outstanding bullets. If you use 1:20 tin to lead, the bullet is soft enough to expand well on deer.

I'm sorry to hear he closed down much of his business. I shot a few Cowboy action matches with him a few years back. He always was a really nice guy. I have a Smith/Spencer mould from him, although I don't cast myself. Just handy to have...

I like the bag moulds. I have two of them(.490, .525) and will order another one in .440.

I hope he will make one for me!

Regards

Kirrmeister

You might try Larry Callahan. There was an article written about him in the Nov/Dec 2009 issued of ML magazine. 636-475-7444! I am ordering two!!!

"aim small, miss small"

I tried to call yesterday with a number I had googled and got a recording that said the number was disconnected.

So much for the .54 bag mold I wanted, I knew I should have called back in Nov.

Back