• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Reading material

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nvbirdman

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have decided I would like to subscribe to a blackpowder magazine. I guess I could join the NMLRA and receive their magazine(muzzleblasts) (I think), or subscribe to Muzzleloader.
Any reccommendations?
Any other magazines to consider?
Thank you for any comments.

With membership in the NMLRA comes their monthly official publication, "Muzzle Blast". www.nmlra.org,,,check out their web site. (I still think they need to put a National Range in the center of the United States) I enjoy Muzzle Blast and it covers just about all interest you can think of pertaining to this sport/hobby/way of life..... Muzzleloader is a bimonthly publication and it's fantastic. Wish it was monthly. Their web site is; www.muzzleloadermag.com,,,highly recommend it. These are the two I subscribe to, it works for me.

I agree with Ohio Joe - get them both. If I absolutely had to choose one, I'd choose Muzzle Blasts for two reasons: it comes every month, and with it comes membership in the NMLRA. Personally, I've never been to the NMLRA headquarters, but I'm sure they do a lot of behind the scenes work to protect our beloved sport of BP shooting.

Musketman,.... Check out the "classifieds", I jest posted some books ther, thet you might be innerested in!! ::

MM, I tried the link to BlackPowder Journal, but the most current magazine listed was six years ago in 1998...is that where it ended, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks

After getting dozens of gun magazines and dropping them the only ones I now get are:

Rifleman (Member of NRA for 36 years).

MuzzleBlasts (Member for 9 years. Covers All areas of muzzleloading from shooting, building, history, cooking,etc.etc.)

MuzzleLoader (I agree, one issue every 2 months is not often enough but it is a Great magazine. Covers All areas of muzzleloading with more emphasis on history, building and Rendevioux? (Ron-dee-voo) (I never can spell that word. Must be French!)

Single Shot Exchange (Good magazine if your into the Single Shot Black Powder Cartridge guns and shooting them, with occasional muzzleloading articles and classifieds ads (A lot of Big dollar guns but not all of them cost an arm and a leg).

another good publication is the Backwoodsman! comes out bimonthly.Most of the articles are sent in by average guys like us,not all B.P. but has a lot! Also how to articles on hawks ,flat bows, knives,canoes,camping,Etc. I get it off the news stand but I miss too many issues,so think i'll subscribe to it . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

MM, I tried the link to BlackPowder Journal, but the most current magazine listed was six years ago in 1998...is that where it ended, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks

I emailed them about it, I'll let you know the results...

I subscribe to Muzzleblasts,been a member for over 20 years to the NMLRA,American Rifleman,been a member of the NRA for over 30 years,Muzzleloader Magazine which is a great magazine,and to Backwoodsman,also a great magazine.All of us should belong to the NMLRA and the NRA.

Back