• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

"Recreating the 18th Century Powder Horn"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FearNot

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Track of the Wolf sent out my copy of "Recreating the 18th Century Powder Horn" yesterday. Can't wait to get it. Has anyone had a chance to look at this book yet? What are your thoughts about it?

Haven't seen it or heard of it , but I'm Very INTERESTED in getting my hands on one. Where do I look to find a copy? Does Track have a mailing list?, I have bought from them in the past. Any details would be appreciated.
Thanks ; Soggy

Yep... that where I ordered my copy. It came out March 19th. I was sent a pre-arrival order opportunity that I took advantage of. The couple of pictures showing on TOW's site look VERY interesting.

:) Thanks guys, I searched out the site , have "book marked" it and told the kids that is to be my Fathers Day present.Couldn't be simpler

Soggy :thumbsup:

:) Just got off the phone to TOW; it's on it's way (along with a couple of other little goodies :: ) Looks like next winters projects are going to get started a little early. :crackup:

Not sure if this is the proper place to post this ... I got it off another site. Thought you all might enjoy reading this and showing your wife in defense of your next purchase

An auction gallery in Thomston Maine (about 30 minutes from my home) just sold an F&I powder horn for $31,100.00. The horn was engraved with scenes of Fort St. Frederck and Citadel at Crown Point.

:nono:

An auction gallery in Thomston Maine (about 30 minutes from my home) just sold an F&I powder horn for $31,100.00.

:hmm: WOW! that would be about $ 37,320.00 Canadian. :: Yeah she'd like that :crackup: I would imagine that the art work on that horn was a "little" better than what I'll be turning out.
Was there any pictures of the horn?

Soggy :thumbsup:

Just got an email from Track letting me know that my copy was on the way shortly. Looking forward to it, look for a review in the June issue of Buckskinner!

Looks fantastic!

I rec a email said they shipped it on Tue or Wed Iam hoping it shows up to day I started my first horn awhile ago and wanted the book to help with some photos and tips any how cant wait! :)

I got my copy on Friday...Great Book!!! Fairly straight forward instructions with common tools and dyes, I think a horn project could be right up anyone's alley with the help of this book.

2 thumbs up from me.

Lee

I got my copy on Friday...Great Book!!! Fairly straight forward instructions with common tools and dyes, I think a horn project could be right up anyone's alley with the help of this book.

2 thumbs up from me.

Lee
Great! thats what I was waiting to hear, guess I'm going to order one :thumbsup:
Lehigh..

My copy arrived Friday. It is a well done how-to book with great photos. Of all of the how-to books on powder horns that I have in my library I will say that this one is the best yet! Definitely two thumbs up...

scott and cathy are to be commended for such a fine thought out book , not to mention giving away some of the tips that have taken them years to profect. :imo:

I rec my copy yesterday very pleased . And Hornbuilder I agree with you nice job they did plus giving away some trade secrets. This should help me finish my first horn that I started awhile ago .

Back