• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Red deer hunting ground!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreglerD

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello from Germany,

if everything will go well tomorrow I will be able to lease a 350 acres hunting ground in the mountains with roedeer, reddeer and chamoise. So I have then the possibility to go hunting with ML at much bigger game than roe. Reddeer is a smaller form of elk, bucks have about 80-150 pds, does about 80-120 pds.

Wish me luck for tomorrow and next year you will get nice hunting pics!

Regards

Kirrmeister

Good luck. I though chamois was an alpine animal? I have shot a red deer hind on a preserve. They are pretty big animals and not to bad to eat as well.

Ahh Good Luck on your hunt. May your bullet fly true and your Red Deer die quickly! :thumbsup:

Good luck with the new lease Kirrmeister! :thumbsup:

Those red deer are a magnificent animal! We'll be looking forward to the pics.

bigbore442001 said:
Good luck. I though chamois was an alpine animal? I have shot a red deer hind on a preserve. They are pretty big animals and not to bad to eat as well.

I live in southern Bavaria. There we have high mountains, about 2000 meters, enough for chamoise.

Regards

Kirrmeister

A long time ago I lived in Switzerland and recall that at certain times of the year you could see hunters at train stations with their Chamois kills all laid out ready for transport. I was told that they were taking them to butchers and then would sell the meat to restraunts. I did not hunt then - but sure wanted to.

Good luck and I can't wait to see the photos. I would love to hunt in Germany. A friend of mine stationed in Germany was able to get his hunting license and went through the course to become a licensed hunter in Germany. No 8 hour course there! They did a whole ceremony and everything afterwards. Cool hats!

Good luck and shoot straight!

Billy

Back