• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Remove Medallion ? -Browning Mtn Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sage1

36 Cl.
Reaction score
The Centennial Ed. of the Jonathan Browning Mountain Rifle has a medallion imbedded in the stock and a metal medallion / bust of J. Browning attached to the lock. I don’t mind the stock medallion but not a fan of the one on the lock. Anyone seen one where the medallion on the lock has been removed. I’m wondering how it’s attached. Pinned, soldered, epoxy?
Thanks in advance.

If it is held on by a screw it is pretty easy to plug the hole where it doesn't show.

I have plugged and errant hole in a lock bolster by countersinking the hole on the outside, putting in a screw that is protrudes from the hole slightly, peeing the end of the screw into the countersink and filing it flush. If you did this on your lock you would have to re-brown it. The plugged hole is to the left of the bolster screw.

lockbolt bad hole filed smooth.JPG

If you just put the right sizes screw in the hole and browned the end at the lock plate it wouldn't show much, to the casual observer it would look like it belonged there.

Latest posts

Back