• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

rendezvous

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuckcolas

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I want to start a small traditional black powder club here where I live. I also want to put on a rendezvous on my land in the high desert of northwestern Nevada. I don't know where to start, or how to start. Can someone give me some advice on this. Thanks, Sawbones

Never flinch

slot machines...gotta have slot machines :blah:

I'd get my land in order as far as shooting lanes and such, camp areas, check any local county restrictions ect. sanitation? vendors/date of rondy. fire restrictions, insurance

lots to think about.

Yeah Brett Sr that is a lot to think about. I'm looking forward to getting set up, but how do I get people out there? I have the place, I just don't know what to do to attract folks and when they are there what things should I do. I have never been to a rendezvous, so I know I need to go to a few to learn. I just want to be actively involved in this because I love doing it so much. Thanks for your reply.

Never flich

Most places have a shooting line with a rope about 10 feet behind it. Spectators behind the rope. Load from the pouch. Novelty shoots are pretty much the rule here with targets ranging from popsycle sticks at 10 or 15 yards to charcoal briquettes swinging in the wind on strings. Somewhere there is usually a couple of targets that require you know you and your gun to hit them. The two inch wide ring at about 50 yards is a good one. Putting on a gathering is a lot of work!

Back