• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Renegade made meat

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buttonbuck

50 Cal.
Reaction score
After much cold weather this weekend and the muzzleloader season and the firearms second season bad hunting on account of weather Ice storms you name it. I harvested some deer. About 4:30 50 min left of shootable time in the late winter season. I had a doe hobbling on 3 legs toward my stand I figured she was wounded by the close by shooting I heard 5 min earlier. Then a bigger doe broke cover wow 2, The old doe she looks up the stand I did not move, looks down and looks up again 3 seconds later, (a wise old doe) Both deer less than 20 yards. I then see the biggest doe #3 come down the hill. I shot the wise doe, at 15-20 yards down she went then drew my pistol and shot the injured deer, I wish it was my plains pistol (I am not that good with it yet) but had a tag where I could use a revolver so I did down the injured deer went. The muzzle loader was 80 grains over a remington 400 grain mine looks alot like a buffalo bullet 80 grains of 3f. I skinned both deer, the injured now dead, one looks and feels like it broke its elbow, or has a broadhead in it. on with the butchering.

Congrats and well done, especially the deerlike kill of the wounded doe.

Regards

Kirrmeister

I quartered the 2 deer today to hang in a spare fridge in the barn, removed the effected joint on the wounded doe, I found lead fragments inbeded in the joint and something that looked like limestone. I am suprized that the coyotes in the area did not pic this doe off.

that's nuthin. If ya was any good you'd a waited till they both lined up and done a twofer with ya Renegade :rotf:

Sounds like an awesome afternoon brother. I'll PM you my address so ya know where to ship the jerky to :thumbsup:

Josh

Back