• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Renegade rebuild

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canemminor

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I am rebuilding a TC renegade from aquired parts.I have a 36 inch GM .54 barrel to put in it. I need some opinions;
1.how many screws should I have to hold the rib to the bottom of the barrel?
2.hickory of ramin ramrod?
3.best type of underlug attachment?
I plan to brown it using a "sweat box.I still am not sure of the sights it will have; something that will work with my less than perfect eyesightwhile staying relatively "19th century".
I will appreciate any help, thanks

canemminor said:
I am rebuilding a TC renegade from aquired parts.I have a 36 inch GM .54 barrel to put in it. I need some opinions;
1.how many screws should I have to hold the rib to the bottom of the barrel?
3, Why not solder it?
2.hickory of ramin ramrod?
Hickory
3.best type of underlug attachment?
Dovetail

Sights ya gotta pick yerself I guess, it's kind of an individual thing
I prefer a "partrige" style sight set up

I think a 36” barrel for a Renegade is too long. My personal tastes. :grin: There is a GM drop in barrel that is ready to go but is 32” long. I have one. You may like it.

36 inches may seem out of proportion, but it gives a longer sighting radius. Which can be useful to older shooters as it will allow the rear sight to be moved further out. :hmm:

My initial reason for using a 36 inch barrel is that is its current length. I figured it would be easier to shorten a too long barrel than to lengthen a to short barrel. My small game rifle is a 36 cal with a 42 inch Montana barrel and a Storey side hammer lock. I guess I do like long barrels.

I have a 32" .54 in a renegade stock. 32" is minimum length for my old eyes but not sure I would want weight of additional 4" of 1" steel on it. My .50 flinter has a 1" X 42" barrel which I shoot well but is a lot to tote.

TC

Back