• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Renegade Report first time for PRBs

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wink

40 Cal.
Reaction score
The weather and my schedule finally allowed me a brief window of opportunity to go and shoot my recently purchased TC 54Cal Renegade. Due to the information I've obtained from this website I decided to try shoooting PRBs for the fist time in my life. After much research and valuable input from fellow site members I decided on 90 grains of GOEX FFF a .530 ball, lubed .015 patch and a lubed OP felt wad. All I can say is "wow is that fun"! My first shot at 50yds was 11" low right. Additional adjustments brought me 8'' high center. Additional adjustments put my last three shots 2'' high above center, with all three shots almost touching! Given the conditions,14 degrees with a steady breeze at my back I was pleased. Can anyone share their experiences using a similar load on Deer, Bear and Elk? Thanks Wink

Took a nice little buck this year with virtually the exact same load (used 80 grains of FFg instead). Complete pass through at 50 yards. Deer made it about 30 yards to dead. Deer live weight at 175 lbs.

I can not post photos but you are welcome to come to our new site and see what the 54 cal and 50 cal PRB brings to the pot.

Squirrels to moose, the PRB works as well as the hunter can place them. Which is the key to any hunting ofcourse...shot placement.

welcome to PRB hunting!

Back