• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

replacement barrel for CVA mountain rifle?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreglerD

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello from Germany!

Is there a replacement barrel for the CVA mountain rifle avialable? Problem with the T/C repl. barrels is that they only have 1 wedge.

Regards

Kirrmeister

I'm sure there are no "drop-in" replacement barrels made for CVA's but it is not a difficult gunsmithing job to re-barrel any muzzleloader having a straight octagon barrel. I've re-barreled quite a few with Green Mountain blanks and basic hand tools. It's generally a 4-6 hour job, not counting the final finish time.

deercreek has the cva 45-50-54 & 58cal replacement barrels. These are also Douglas barrels. If they wont ship to germany just have them send it to me and then you can just send me the shipping funds and i'll mail it off to you :thumbsup:

Deer Creek Products
P.O. BOX 246
Waldrun, IN, 46182

Phone # 765-525-6181
FAX # 765-525-9595

Kentuckywindage said:
deercreek has the cva 45-50-54 & 58cal replacement barrels. These are also Douglas barrels. If they wont ship to germany just have them send it to me and then you can just send me the shipping funds and i'll mail it off to you :thumbsup:

Deer Creek Products
P.O. BOX 246
Waldrun, IN, 46182

Phone # 765-525-6181
FAX # 765-525-9595

Is there a internetsite ?

Kentuckywindage is right,Deer Creek has the barrels. I bought one a year ago. They come with the beach plug installed and drum installed. All milling cuts and holes tapped done. You need to transfer the rib, wedge loops, sights ect. About $100 if I rember good enough. A good buy
n.h.schmidt

Kirrmeister said:
Kentuckywindage said:

Deer Creek Products
P.O. BOX 246
Waldrun, IN, 46182

Phone # 765-525-6181
FAX # 765-525-9595

Is there a internetsite ?

No, unfortunately.
They deal by phone and are a pleasure to do business with!

Are there any pics or a catalog available where I can see such a barrel?

Regards

Kirrmeister

Their catalog doesn't list all of their many parts and products. It's only printed in black & white without high quality photos.
AFAIK the only way to see a picture of their replacement barrel is if someone who bought one posts a picture of it.
They're a very reputable outfit.

I recently bought a .50 caliber barrel for a Mountain rifle from them. Good barrel-they would not vouch for a particular maker though, they told me "we can't be sure" The barrel is unmarked except for the caliber. As stated you will also need to purchase the underlugs(2),sights,cleanout screw and nipple. I believe I paid $110 USD for the barrel, so in Euros that's a good price right now. It shoots very well!

Back