• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

replacement barrels in Canada?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henbrook

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Is there anywhere in Canada I can order a drop-in (Green Mt.or other?)for my T/C .45 Hawken?Looking for another .45 cal barrel or possibly a .50?i'm assuming the .50 will also fit,yes?

If not,anyone (Canadians)have experience ordering same from USA?How much hassle,paperwork etc. is involved?

If it's flint should be no big deal as PAL does not apply. Perc. is another story. You need to get the serial # in order to get registration for the barrel. BP guns are registered by the barrel instead of the receiver. I have relatives in the States and had the barrel shipped to them. Then I went through the registration process and went down to visit and brought paperwork along so that coming home there were no hassles at the border. Cal the registry and see if there is another way to deal with this.

Hi Henbrook. You should be able to import a barrel from the states. I emailed the cfc and asked if I could import a barrel from the states. They e-mailed me back and said at present there was no restrictions on importing parts for guns. they did say that you should inform them of the extra barrel. They also stated that there may be restrictions from the country that you are importing from. Seeing as most states seem to look at muzzleloaders as not being real guns it should not be a problem.
Your tc should have a 15/16 or 1" barrel, I would imagine it is 15/16". I don't know of anyplace in Canada that sells them. You may have a hard time finding one. I am pretty sure that if you check track of the wolf or even the green mountain site you will find that they are sold out of most of the tc replacement barrels. But you might find one. I hear that they are great barrels

Old Ford said:
Any barrel is a piece of pipe until you assemble it on a gun, then it becomes a gun.
No registration needed, no paperwork needed.
It is only a machined metal piece.
Old Ford
Well I know that and you know that but we're talking about dealing with the CFC here,that like to ban,restrict,make up foolish and redundant rules etc. My concern is that being as a new barrel will mean having a new serial number(assuming drop-in barrels have serial #s?)that CFC will give me a hard time,trouble at the border,require a PAL and/or new registration etc.??

If I'm understanding your response correctly,then you're saying I can order a barrel for a cap gun from USA with no paperwork/no hassle/no registration etc.,just pay duty and good to go?Sounds great and makes sense to me,but almost sounds too good to be true for here in Canuckistan? :hmm:

I have a Walther GSP pistol, that you can change the barrel and slide from .22 to .32 S&W Long, and use the same grips and frame. According to CFC, they are 2 different guns with 2 different serial numbers, yet only one frame. Every time I crossed the border going back to Canada for a competition, I had to do a lot of explaining and show them how it all worked. A few times I had to even explain the law to them. Border guards don't know it all, even if they think they do. Once they wanted to charge me the $50.00 fee. I told them I didn't have to. There was a lot of discussion until I showed them my FAC. That shut them up.

I would send them ( the cfc ) an e-mail asking the question. At least then you have some peace of mind.

Not to offend anyone, But GOD BLESS AMERICA!!
I am just so thankful we don't have all that hassle-yet.

Mike Brines said:
Not to offend anyone, But GOD BLESS AMERICA!!
I am just so thankful we don't have all that hassle-yet.
Bud,you have NO idea how lucky you are.I've actually considered defecting from this dictatorship to Alaska on numerous occasions due the freakin bullchit and persecution I've been through over the years with the govt. stealing my guns/family heirlooms and how otherwise law abiding gun owners are criminalized here because city dwelling bureacrats and left wing,gungrabbing,Lieberal party media whores. :barf: It's a disgrace to this country's outdoor heritage and the rugged pioneers that carved a living out of a wilderness and a slap in the face to the tens of thousands that gave their lives in the name of freedom. :cursing:

Being proud of your country is not offensive. I love Canada, it is a great place to live. Unfortunately we have been saddled with some archaic gun laws and are having a very hard time getting even the really dumb ones changed. Our forefathers really dropped the ball.

If you wish to order a barrel, from any supplier, you may do so. Without any concerns of CFC.
You must pay any applicable duty/taxes.
Being the concerned, law abiding Canadian citizen, should you mount this barrel on an existing stock, or completed firearm, you should have matching identifying serial numbers or marks reported to CFC.
Should you leave the country of Canada to attend a shoot or sporting event you should have an identifying card from Canads Border Services with you and said firearm to re-enter the country.
Old Ford

HENBROOK.its not that bad,just give GM RIFLE BARRELS a call and ask them for the closest dealer to you.problem solved.
walt. :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the replies guys,and Old Ford esp., that's exactly the kind of info I was hoping....er,I mean looking for,being the concerned,law-abiding citizen that I am. :wink:

call barry jensen at bits of pieces in bc at (604)946-6168, he can get the barrels and is a great guy to deal with. the barrel might take a bit to cross border but then he sends it in the mail, no paperwork,no hassle just what a law abiding guy like you wants. you may need to remove just a bit of wood but the barrel drops in minutes and will be a huge improvement on the tc barrel although it isnt finished very well, looks more like its been cut with a ripsaw on the outside. for a couple hundred bucks a pop you can shoot any size ball and large conicals you want with just the right twist

Latest posts

Back