• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Revolver Grips

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am repairing a Ruger Old Army revolver. I have replaced the busted grip frame with a Ronnie Wells brass dragoon Ruger Super Blackhawk Old Model grip frame. Square trigger guard, 3 screw model. I am in search of a set of grips to fit the new frame. I could take some walnut that my brother has, but I'm looking more at time rather than the fun of doing it myself. Can anyone point me in the right direction or do any of you have a set of grips? I would prefer a black pair or dark walnut. Thanks.

Last edited:
As best I recall, the OM Super Blackhawk used the same grips as the NM Super. Eagle Grips is a good source, their rosewood is usually very nice.

Are the Old grips busted too? I made a new set of grips out of the old grips. I coated the old wooden grips with J.B. Weld , sanded down , then painted them white. I don't recall if I used white fingernail polish ot a appliance enamel.Of course they will need repainting every year or so but think of it as another coat. This was on a Ruger Single Six but I don't see why it won't work on a Blackhawk

Attachments

• 17180770964948126805495218775348.jpg
    17180770964948126805495218775348.jpg
    768.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Many of the Ruger single action revolvers use interchangeable grips. Check the Ruger site. As said, there are companies that make grips like you are looking for. Ain't cheap. I recently bought some faux bone grips for $85.00. Ruger now charges $125.00 for it's standard walnut ones.

Many of the Ruger single action revolvers use interchangeable grips. Check the Ruger site. As said, there are companies that make grips like you are looking for. Ain't cheap. I recently bought some faux bone grips for $85.00. Ruger now charges $125.00 for it's standard walnut ones.
Really, $125.00 for the old wooden ones?

Back