• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

reworkin a lock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riarcher

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone have any internet leads concerning honing a lock (the right way)?
I have a lock with a lot of room for improvement. ::

riarcher, email me your regular mailing address and I will lay it out for you, and give me specifics as to what you are most concerned with. It is too involved for me to post, and I have no way of illustrating a few things best understood in drawings.

There is a black powder gunsmithing book by Sam Fadala(SIC?). It has some rudimentary information and is available in paper back for about $18.00(I think). I myself am looking for a better guide. If you find one let me know. I tune up Smith & Wessons and Colt Peacemakers pretty often and if you do the tune up make yourself some fool-proof jigs and don't over do it. A little here and there adds up to a big difference when the job is done. Good luck.

Back