• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rhino Tracks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got to go slink around for the firs time in a long time on Saturday. Did'nt see any critters but found plenty of proof they're still there.

I took this pic for those that are skeptical of stories about the size of the hogs running around the woods in Florida.

RhinoSpoor.jpg

Pig track almost as wide as my hand.

Actually, pigs' toes(Hooves)splay to give them more surface bearing on soft earth, just like deer. That track IS of an adult pig, but without seeing both front and rear tracks, I can't tell you the sex, or the age, or how much it weighs. I suspect its in the 200 lb. range, as the toes on bigger pigs will be longer and splay wider. You certainly don't need a .58 to kill a pig that size. Use what you have now, and go hunting. :hatsoff:

From what I've seen when they get splayed out they tend to not point straight ahead like this.

From watching the two I keep here they really only get noticeable splay when running, putting all their weight on one end or grossly overweight.

Does'nt look like that there. Which is why it stood out to me.

Yeah, it was ok. I fell and gashed my hand up on Friday so i skipped going down south and just went over to a lease I'm still on. about 2 months ago they did a bunch of logging and messed it up pretty good. It's bounded on 2 sides by Osceola though. This was right along the edge of that.

Saw a bunch of pig tracks, a few deer. What appeared to be the trail of dogs chasing a small deer. (lots of feral dogs there)

There's so much trespassing there that it's gonna be hard to keep anything around. Too many kids on ATVs. It was nice to get out though. Been a while.

I spent most of the weekend working on the CSS Quantrill (my Gheenoe) to get ready for the incursion into Ga.

Supercracker said:
I spent most of the weekend working on the CSS Quantrill (my Gheenoe) to get ready for the incursion into Ga.

Well still sounds like you had some fun, minus the cut hand. Hope your trip up the river produces and you can find some of those remote areas. :thumbsup:

Back