• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

rifle cover

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onausable

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm looking for a recommendation and source for a nice rifle cover for my Dixie TMR. I've already looked at what DGW has to offer. Thanks

Northwest Traders has rifle covers too. They offer two blanket thicknesses and my favorite is the heavy one, made from 4-point Witney blanket. They also offer the covers already done or in kits. Take a look at them;[url] www.nwtrader.com[/url].

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to suggest that you could make your own blanket cover, but for the prices on Northwest Traders web site, It would be worth the small cost just to have them do it!

If you want a nice leather one, order the kit instead of the finished product, get some nice leather, use the kit for a pattern and then you would have 2 - leather and wool.

I bought a leather cover at Friendship for my Tennessee Poor Boy rifle for about $20 twenty five years ago. They cost a bit more now, but are worth it. Mine is made of elk, and matches the pants I made out of a side of elkskin I bought at Friendship. Still have some scraps I use for this and that.

Back