• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rifling A 12 Gauge

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walkabout

40 Cal
Reaction score
I've been toying with the idea of having the barrel in my 12 gauge T/C Shotgun rifled. All things being equal, would rifling generate more pressure and recoil than a smooth bore? This gun only weighs about 7 pounds, but the barrel walls are pretty thick. Thanks

Send it to Bob Hoyt he would be the one to tell you if it can be done.

I am assuming it is a New Englander. I would get a rifled 50 or 54 caliber barrel for it and keep the shotgun barrel as is. If you aren't using it as a shotgun sell the barrel as they are quite popular and go fo a nice price.

I am assuming it is a New Englander. I would get a rifled 50 or 54 caliber barrel for it and keep the shotgun barrel as is. If you aren't using it as a shotgun sell the barrel as they are quite popular and go fo a nice price.
No, it's a Mountain Magnum.

Back