• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WITHDRAWN RODGERS & SPENCER UNFIRED EUROARMS REDUCED AGAIN

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Euroarms
Rodgers and spencer
Appears unfired
A rare beauty for sure

$750 shipped

I prefer repayment cashapp,zelle, venmo , will take PayPal "friends and family" only

Attachments

• IMG_20240203_100913.jpg
    IMG_20240203_100913.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20240203_100921.jpg
    IMG_20240203_100921.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240203_100930.jpg
    IMG_20240203_100930.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240203_100937.jpg
    IMG_20240203_100937.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240203_100942.jpg
    IMG_20240203_100942.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240203_100951.jpg
    IMG_20240203_100951.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240203_101940.jpg
    IMG_20240203_101940.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sir , what is going on with the Philips head screw on the right side of the revolver ? I am unfamiliar with such details on this model .Perhaps a close up of that area and some pictures of the bore and cylinder would assist your sale .

Sir , what is going on with the Philips head screw on the right side of the revolver ? I am unfamiliar with such details on this model .Perhaps a close up of that area and some pictures of the bore and cylinder would assist your sale .
Idk Its unfired and locks yo tighter thena bank vault.
Bore is perfect
If it doesn't sale I'll keep it

Someone has lost the male part of the male/female combination screws that retain the loading lever/cylinder pin assy. and replaced it with a Philips screw and washer.

Fine revolver.
Serial number less than 1,000? There were not many of these reproductions made.
Don't know what you're going through or what changes were made but just remember , sooner or later, this earthly life is going to be over and we're going to have to let go of everything here , all the things we love and all the things we hate the good guys and the Democrats,
The Good the bad and the ugly will all have to be abandoned.

I was looking at the Phillips head bolt or screw that retains the loading lever that one of the other muzzleloaders here brought up and I wonder , if it was put their specifically for something I was thinking about on my Roger and Spencer that Flathead has to be turned a very specific way so you remove the loading lever and take the cylinder out which is necessary if you're going to do any shooting and cleaning on a Rodger and Spencer, I thought about taking it apart and carving a little notch so that you know which way to turn the screw and I wonder if someone put a Philips in there so you just turn it till one of the arms is pointing straight up so you know you can pull the loading lever out now,
Otherwise you've got to wiggle it back and forth while you tug on the loading lever trying to find The Sweet spot

Fine revolver. I was looking at the Phillips head bolt or screw that retains the loading lever that one of the other muzzleloaders here brought up and I wonder , if it was put their specifically for something I was thinking about on my Roger and Spencer that Flathead has to be turned a very specific way so you remove the loading lever and take the cylinder out which is necessary if you're going to do any shooting and cleaning on a Rodger and Spencer, I thought about taking it apart and carving a little notch so that you know which way to turn the screw and I wonder if someone put a Philips in there so you just turn it till one of the arms is pointing straight up so you know you can pull the loading lever out now,
Otherwise you've got to wiggle it back and forth while you tug on the loading lever trying to find The Sweet spot
Attached is a close up of the retaining screq

Attachments

• 0204241725_HDR.jpg
    0204241725_HDR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Real Fine made piece, but this flat head has always been a pain in my fingernail every time I got to take it apart to clean it, there was no arrow to line up to determine which direction to set it and the two pieces are like a Chicago screw they come loose and the one side turns and the other doesn't and you can't get the loading lever out.
I really wonder if this Phillips head was somebody's remedy for this design flaw

Attachments

• IMG_20240204_162911.jpg
    IMG_20240204_162911.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Real Fine made piece, but this flat head has always been a pain in my fingernail every time I got to take it apart to clean it, there was no arrow to line up to determine which direction to set it and the two pieces are like a Chicago screw they come loose and the one side turns and the other doesn't and you can't get the loading lever out.
I really wonder if this Phillips head was somebody's remedy for this design flaw
You nind showing me tout scylinder chambers I get the odd idea they have been reamed .454 gos in with thumb pressure.

.457 seems right

I know originally pedersoli and euroarms called for .451 round balls but .451 would fall right through these chambers

The revolver is safe to shoot even without the retaining assembly in place as the rammer retainer will hold everything together as long as the rammer is snapped up in place. BTW neither of the male/female parts are available anywhere.
I'm a furniture man By trade, I can. Get a piece made if I need too

Thats a project I got to work on one of these days, the ball I had for my other revolvers did not fit tightly enough in the cylinder, of my Roger and Spencer, and I had to get a bigger mold , I think I also had to go get a box of 457's which interestingly enough wore too big for my Walker dragoon model

The two parts can come loose and not cause a problem. The screw (female) entering from the left is the one that has the notch to release the loading assembly and no matter how tight or loose the two parts are I can still turn the left hand screw with my fingernail or a small screwdriver. I did file a very small notch in the left side screw that is aligned vertically when the notch is orientated to remove the rammer.

There is one shortcoming of the loading system if you are loading with the cylinder in place. If the retaining parts turn so that their notch is lined up with the cylinder pin the loading lever will pull the pin out when one rams the ball and the pin will bend at the notch in it as soon as the notch clears the frame. You'll have to wander over to the creek to find a rock to straighten the pin with, been there and done it though I don't have the T shirt.

One concern would be are the threads stripped under this Philips head screw ? Has the washer damaged the finish under there ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back