• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Roe-Season opening in Germany

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmidt

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Today roe-season opens (Bucks and female yearlings)
I sat in my bliond from 4.30-9.00 and didn´t see anything, exept birds. Then i decided to look what´s on at the foxholes-nothing.
On my way back to the car i spottet a small roebuck 50m in front, right beside the way. Sneakmodus on- when i aproached at 15 steps i let it smoke- the trigger relesed too easy so the ball hit deep a the ellbow, he jumped 20 steps away, stood there gasping.
Reloading another REAL, 10 steps vorward, he was qartering to me and this time the bullet hit right.
The first ball has punched 2 holes into both lungs
but i didnt want to risk to loose him or to suffer.

Waidmanns Heil
Det

Nice kill and good report. Thank You.
just FYI as it will hit sooner then not, This is a "traditional" forum and I suspect that you will get some folks giveing you a bad time about the picture of the inline w/ scope.
Just bare in mind that we will convert you to a more pure vision of black powder and next year you will be showing the harvest of your new sidelock! :thumbsup:

Very nice!
I wish we had roe or either sex season in my area. I'm surrounded by them, but I can only take bucks which are few and far between.

Ditto what Wattsy said. A side lock with iron sights will add a new level of satisfaction.

Mr. Gray said:
Very nice!
I wish we had roe or either sex season in my area. I'm surrounded by them, but I can only take bucks which are few and far between.

Ditto what Wattsy said. A side lock with iron sights will add a new level of satisfaction.

Didnt realize you had Roe in your area..I thought that THAT was an East coast thing. And Europe of course....

My mistake...we don't have roe, but a mess of Columbia black tail. Probably the same in Oregon.

Very hard to catch a buck by suprise but I see does and youngsters all the time. They raid my wife's veggie garden on a daily basis. I set up a game camera one night and caught 6 of them munching away at the strawberry patch.If they allowed either sex hunting here I'd be in venison for a long time to come.

Lord knows I see enough of them smashed on the freeway every morning. I'd much rather see them in my freezer...

Mr. Gray said:
My mistake...we don't have roe, but a mess of Columbia black tail. Probably the same in Oregon.

Very hard to catch a buck by suprise but I see does and youngsters all the time. They raid my wife's veggie garden on a daily basis. I set up a game camera one night and caught 6 of them munching away at the strawberry patch.If they allowed either sex hunting here I'd be in venison for a long time to come.

Lord knows I see enough of them smashed on the freeway every morning. I'd much rather see them in my freezer...

Oregon allows for and agricultural tag IF you can show damage to your vegitation REGUARDLESS of acerage. 1 or 2 tags and bango blacktail doe in the freezer :wink:

I got a depredation permit a few years ago to take a doe that was harrassing my dog. I got lucky and really nice DFG warden responded to my call...turned out he was a hunter too.

I saw the doe a few times after that but couldn't get a good opportunity to take her. :(

We have quite a few wineries in my area and the owners always have trouble with the deer eating the crops. They easily get permits but few are hunters. They often hire "licenced trappers" to solve the problem, but I'm working towards getting a piece of that action for myself.

Ok,I just ordered a .54 Barrel for my Investarms-Hawken.
Last year the inliner was bought
1: it was cheap
2: It has the right Kal.
3: The hawkwen barrel was not available (next week it will be delivered, I hope that the Italians are not joking again)

The Inliner shoots good, but it isn´t save because the safety works only at the trigger, and if there ist dirt, it will not catch.
You need a tool for capping.
We have to register those "modern" guns in Germany.

I will feel much better with a traditional sidelock!

Congratulations Det!

Nice buck and great story.

But what about your short-longrifle? Why you changed that little gun? The .45 was light for larger game?

I think the .54 REAL is great very effective projectile. What was the problem with PRB?

Waidmanns Heil!

Tamas

Back