• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Roedeer season starts on friday 1st of may!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreglerD

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello from Germany!

Here in the state of Bavaria this friday the roedeer season starts again. At first bucks and female yearlings are free. Will take out Roys flinter for the first time. Interesting to know that since the last year the number of ML hunters here in Germany increased rapidly from some to real many, let me say 20 to 200, even more!

Regards

Kirrmeister

Good luck and be sure to post some pics!

Hey Kirrmeister if you haven't seen it check out the new S. Hawken on its way to me from Steve Zihn in the photo section.

Are you still coming to PA this year?

Hi Billy Lo!

Thanks for the wishes! Planing still the journey to PA!

Regards

Kirrmeister

I still find it odd to have a hunting season for ungulates in the spring. All of our deer seasons are in the late summer to early winter. I wish you well on your hunting endeavors.

bigbore442001 said:
I still find it odd to have a hunting season for ungulates in the spring. All of our deer seasons are in the late summer to early winter. I wish you well on your hunting endeavors.

Why odd and what means ungulate? :confused: We don't hunt at the pregnant does, only at bucks and female yearlings which are normally non pregnant, because they were born last year in may.

Regards

Kirrmeister

How the hell can you tell the difference on such a small animal to begin with? If they are fawning in May, I have a hard time wrapping my head around a hunting season at this time but I understand things are done differently over there.

unâ‹…guâ‹…late
”‚ ”‚/ˈʌŋgyÉ™lɪt, -ËŒleɪt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [uhng-gyuh-lit, -leyt] Show IPA
”“adjective
1. having hoofs.
2. belonging or pertaining to the Ungulata, a former order of all hoofed mammals, now divided into the odd-toed perissodactyls and even-toed artiodactyls.
3. hooflike.
”“noun
4. a hoofed mammal.
Origin:
1795”“1805; < LL ungulātus having claws or hoofs. See ungula, -ate 1

Swampy,

first thanks for the translation of the word ungulated. To devide a buck from a doe is easy, but to devide a doe from a female yearling is also easy especially in may. At the beginning of may the does are real round because they are pregnant, the female yearlings (Schmalreh) are very thin and have another kind of behaving. They behave very unexpirienced, so it is easy. Later or in june we don't hunt at female roes at all to prevent false harvests.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Latest posts

Back