• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Roedeerseason starts in 4 weeks!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreglerD

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello from Germany!

Only 4 weeks left and I can go out hunting for roedeer again with my smokepoles. Starting a t 1st of may bucks and female roedeer are open. Here in Germany our season is not divided up for the various guntypes. We can use all kinds of guns except bow and crossbow. The best thing is there are no restrictions for use of ML.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Go get them Kirmie :thumbsup:

Our roe season never ends, March to October=bucks
October to March=does.

I live in the only part of Britain that has none :( and we can not use a front stuffer (if someone is whatching :wink: )

Brits.

Good news Kirrmeister.

Here in the US with the exception of wild turkey and black bear,deer hunting is generally restricted to the fall and early winter months. In most states the special muzzleloading seasons tend to be at the end of the modern rifle so game is pretty well earned their PHD in avoidance tactics.

Brit:

That is too bad to hear. To me the muzzleloader is an ideal hunting tool for congested areas.

I look forward to hearing of your roe hunts. Be sure to keep them well documented and take plenty of pictures!

Awaiting your results of the hunt. :applause:
Best wishes,
Dusty :wink:

That's good news, I know you have a couple of new rifles to try on them this year. I'm looking forward to hearing about it -

:hatsoff:
Spot

Spot said:
That's good news, I know you have a couple of new rifles to try on them this year. I'm looking forward to hearing about it -

:hatsoff:
Spot

Hi Spot,

you are right! My favorite is the .54 TC Hawken.

Regards

Kirrmeister

BillinOregon said:
Bitte, fotografieren Sie ihre Jagd, Herr Kirrmeister. Merci viel mal!

(And please excuse my wretched Deutsch!)

Hey Bill! Certainly I will do so! Where did you learn your german? The "Merci viel mal" let me guess for Switzerland?

Regards

Kirrmeister

Kirrmeister, good luck this season. If you don't mind my asking what's the terrain like where you hunt? Private land? Public? Do you hunt small tracts of land or do you have larger open areas?

Larry

guylabou said:
Kirrmeister, good luck this season. If you don't mind my asking what's the terrain like where you hunt? Private land? Public? Do you hunt small tracts of land or do you have larger open areas?

Larry

Hi Larry,

it is kind of public land where I hunt. The land owner is the city gouvernment of munich, capital of the state of Bavaria, Germany.
The terrain is full of hills and forest changing with gras clearings, a real roedeer paradise. Looks a bit like in the Cumberland Mountains.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Kirrmeister said:
Hello from Germany!
Only 4 weeks left and I can go out hunting for roedeer again with my smokepoles.

Best of luck to you Kirrmeister !
:thumbsup:

Back