• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

roes assaulted the baitplace

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreglerD

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello from Germany!

Since last sunday I have a new baiting place more downhill, because when the snow comes the game move more downhill where is less snow. For a week now there were not much roe tracks to see only once on Wednesday, the rest were redfox and rabitt. But when I was out this morning I saw already from my blind that all the baitinghills were "flat". So after the hunt I looked there closer and found all eaten and many tracks from the forest. I guess there were about 3-4 roedeer. So I'll have another try this evening.

Regards

Kirrmeister

I wish you well on your hunt. This past year for me was tough in that it seemed that the lack of acorn mast changed the habits of the deer. In addition, the weather during the rut was bad so most activity was at night.

Monday is the start of the muzzleloader season and we have a full moon. As a rule, deer tend to be more nocturnal and we have to stop hunting one half hour after legal sunset.

In Germany you are only allowed to hunt from 1,5 hour before sunrise to 1,5 hour after sundown. During the night only wild boar and fur game is allowed to hunt at. We had fullmoon 2 days ago and ahve now still a nice moon and clear nights. The roes move then and so you won't get them in the morning or evening. Have to wait until it gets more cloudy and moonless.

Waidmanns Heil for your ML season! :thumbsup:

Regards

Kirrmeister

If the roes assault your bait,assault the roe! :grin: Hope you get a bunch.

For sure!

But today we had a stormy warm wind in the mountains so the critters were not likely to come out to the baiting. Will try it on Tuesday again.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Best of luck on your upcoming hunt. Sure hope ya get one of them rascals. Since you been feeding them, it`s only right they return the favor :grin:

Back