• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rogers' Ranger Hawk

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

After several evenings of Tomahawk studies I ordered the Rogers style Forged diamond spiked one from This maker,
http://alanrogersironworks.com/tomahawks.htm

It came in this afternoon, Prompt delivery after Sending a money order. Never even seen a Hawk in real life until this one, and I am very happy with it, and the Man was a good guy to deal with.

Hawk will be my close companion when out in the bush, and will be used to chop wood, meat, and some veggies mainly, as well as a self defense tool.

I also used it in the kitchen on a cutting board like you would an alaskan Ulu, and darn thing will rock and mince onions, peppers, tomatoes, and cilantro into a fine salsa.

Kinda thick to do the olives, mashes em a bit too much :youcrazy: but hey, every edged tool I have I use in the kitchen on a regular basis, or its not real. (dont own a Samurai Sword yet, and have no plans to test it in the kitchen when I do.)

I use my belt knife in the kitchen all the time. Best knife in the house! Never thought of my hawk as a kitchen utensil though. Hmmmm...

Ball mold might work to crush garlic.
char/tinder tin could work as a cookie cutter.
Use bore butter to fry eggs or as a spice maybe.
Hat = mixing bowl?

If you start using your breach clout to make tea I dont want to hear about it.

:sorry: ::

Looks like a cool hawk! :thumbsup:

Use the flat of the scalping knife or hatchet to crush garlic. I use my polled axe for shaping and pounding in the tomato stakes in the garden.

My 10" rifleman's knife is the choice for watermelon and Blue Hubbard squash (and most smaller winter squash). ::

Metal rammers make great squirrel skewers for roasting, but tapered wood makes a better fishing pole. :front:

Hey Guys
I use my "home made" hawk for cutting every thing from apples to meat. I made it by welding the nail slot up on a roofing axe, then cutting off the hammer end. I then shaped to the size and shape.Man "O" man it holds an edge. The boys call it my knife axe... But using the side of it for crushing garlic... Gee wait for a minute...I will head to the cook'en parlor and try it... Hang on for a minute... OK there was no Garlic, so "i" tried onions yep juice all over... it worked... Oops got go I is deep poop, or ca ca... :crackup: Some thing about cleaning up my mess...
Loyalist dawg...

Loyalist you crack me up :crackup: post a pic of that there hawk if ya can

FYI

Nice looking hawk. I just recieved two from this link?www.delarondeforge.com. THe wait is a bit long but the work in very good and the service great.

Latest posts

Back