• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Round Ball Ballistics Calculator

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hirocker

36 Cal.
Reaction score
HighRocker: My sincere thanks to you.
Your program works great and it is just what I was looking for.

As you know, most of the programs available today are set up for modern smokeless cartridges and give much information that is not relevent to us round ball shooters.
Yours gives just what I (we?) was (were) looking for!

Who would have thunk it, about 6 inch drift of my 1800 FPSMV .50 cal RB at 100 yards with a 5 MPH crosswind but still over 950 FPS of velocity left?

For those who have not taken advantage of this opportunity I urge you to do so. It is even worth dropping your Firewall (as I had to do) to download it. Oh, don't forget to print out the page which tells you how to use it. It came in handy.

HighRocker this is a kick ass program. It's kinda funny I was just in google looking for the ballistic coefficient of round balls after going through a dozen pages it brought me back to my own forum,"go figure" after downloading it I've been putting numbers in it for the last 20 minutes playing with velocity and in sight in ranges. All I've got to say is hats off to you!!!!!

Question for Computer people:

Is there a easy way to print out the data the Ballistics Calculator generates? I'm sure there is, but as I am a PC computer novice I don't know where to start.
I'm running XP if that helps.

Shame to have so much good data and not be able to print it out.

Zonie: I tried everything unless someone comes up with a better idea the only thing I can tell you is put the program upon your screen and take a digital photo of it.

First off, no, when I posted this post, I really didn't know how to print the information that the ballistic calculator prints out.
Second, you (at least you men) know how it hurts your pride when your wife tells you how to do something and she's right.
Well, that is what happened here.
She noticed this dark blue cloud floating down the hallway and wilting her plastic plants so she came down to investigate the source of it.
It was, of course, my dexterous use of exemplary profanity in action. After a 15 minute course on "poke that", "do this", "no not that", "this!"....... here is what works on my Windows:

1. When the program has made the calculation and printed the results HOLD DOWN THE "ALT" KEY AND POKE THE "PRINT SCREEN" BUTTON, or whatever button you use for a print screen command. This takes a picture of the printout in the little window and puts it on the "clipboard" so you can "paste" it places.

2. Go to the "START" button at the bottom of the screen and poke it. Slide up to "PROGRAMS". Slide over into the programs window and up to "ACCESSORIES". Now slide over and down to "PAINT" and click it. This will open a Paint window.

3. Put your curser in the paint window and right click your mouse to open the little window with the "PASTE" BUTTON. Poke the Paste button and poof! your black background with white text appears in the paint window, almost ready for printing.

4. At the top of my Paint window is a button marked "IMAGE". If you poke it there is a button called "INVERT COLORS". If you poke it, the black background changes to white and the white text changes to black.

5. Click the "FILE" button at the top of the screen and poke the PRINT button. Whrrrrrr click click whrrrrrrr print print print. out it comes!!!!
NOTE, I had to change the print properties to about 90% size to get it on one sheet of paper but that kind of thing is between you and your printer. They are all different, or so I've been told.

6. At this point, you can "SAVE AS" and save the results so when your paper copy blows away at the shooting range you can go home and print out another copy.

Have fun!!!! ::

And you should also be able to just save the screen shot as a text or MSWord file first, then just print it as you normally would...particulary if you want to do multiple calulations, save them all, etc...then just go print them all at the same time

Because people want to know the ballistics of their Roundball guns, and I had to search to find this post, I will bring it up to the present time by entering this post.

This is a very simple program but it seems to work well.
It does not take into account the clouds position, the phase of the moon, the angle uphill you may be shooting or the type of powder you are using.
It does calculate wind drift which is interesting though. :)

This works for me:
1. On the head of the roundball.Exe there is button labeled C:\ Click on this it opens a drop down list.
2. In edit / select all
3. Then open the drop down list again and select Edit/Copy
4. Open a word Doc.
5. And paste It
6. And then print. This will print everything you have done.
Or
1. On the head of the roundball.Exe there is button labeled C:\ Click on this it opens a drop down list.
2. In edit / Mark
3. Use Arrows on Key board to place the mark at beginning of what you want to copy
4. Then click on mark, and drag to highlight what you want to copy.
5. Then open the drop down list again and select Edit/Copy
6. Open a word Doc.
7. And paste It
8. And then print.

Latest posts

Back