• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rounding the end of a horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No.4shot

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I had a good idea for making forms for rounding the end of the horn. Why couldn't you take a baseball bat and cut it into sections. Looks like I will have to go garage saling this weekend looking for a bat to give it a try.

I saw a jig a guy made for "turning" wooden wheels using a hand held belt sander. He mounted the sander on its side, anchoring it to a piece of plywood. He cut out the size wheel he wanted with a sabre saw or coping saw, and drilled a small hole at the center. He used a screw through that hole to anchor the wheel to the sheet of plywood at the radius he wanted. Then, he turned on the sander and rotated the wheel to sand off any areas that protruded.

No.4shot said:
I had a good idea for making forms for rounding the end of the horn. Why couldn't you take a baseball bat and cut it into sections. Looks like I will have to go garage saling this weekend looking for a bat to give it a try.

Clay flowerpots from the home improvement store come in many sizes and work very well for this purpose.

Black Hand said:
Clay flowerpots from the home improvement store come in many sizes and work very well for this purpose.

That would be to easy....I like making items...especially reusing items for there unintended use.

Latest posts

Back