• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ruffed Grouse

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agill

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I am thinking about going camping and hunting ruffed grouse in the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest in Wisconsin sometime in October. Anyone here know about the area near Park Falls?

Did some grouse hunting there and also deer hunting. It's an extremely large area and the terrain varies a lot. Not many access roads so take a compass. We didn't shoot that many grouse over my 2 English Setters and in the southern areas we hunted, didn't see any first rate grouse cover. While deer hunting didn't flush any grouse. The crops of the grouse we did shoot had clover leaves, various seeds and some insects.

I normally hunted in Clark County and in the good years shot many limits of grouse and woodcock...alders for the woodcock and grouse, but mainly hunted the dogwood w/ white berries for grouse. Didn't find any dogwood in the Chequamegon Forest.

I imagine there are "pockets of grouse but it's such a large area that it's impossible to cover much of it. Good luck ....Fred

Back